May 6, 2004

Journey of Love: The Greatest is Love

May 1, 2004
Dear Praying Friends,
As I come home to LA, the splendidly blossoming roses in my backyard remind me of the brevity of life and its magnificent beauty when God shines through it!


My father was baptized after September 21, 1999 earthquake in Taiwan when he was healed by God from the post quake panic syndrome. He prayed in faith everyday for God’s healing of his cancer. When his lymphoma was drug resistant and he was getting weaker day by day, he embraced the hope of eternal life with Christ. During the last two weeks in hospital, he proclaimed three personal encounters with Jesus. His faith is simple, yet God honors him greatly. Father’s memorial service is very loving, peaceful and dedicated to Glorify God’s name!

Father is the first Christian in his generation of our extended family and relatives. My hometown Yilan still has close personal ties. Even before memorial service, we had many opportunities to give testimonies to so many relatives and friends who visited us at home. We shared father’s faith in Christ with his sisters and cousins who may never heard Christ before. More than half of the 250 persons who attended memorial service were non-Christians. Some aunts came weeping but were comforted during the worship. Many were very touched by the peace and assurance we had in their first contact with Christianity.

So, what do I learn from this journey?
First of all, it reconfirms me that God is love, He is faithful and we can trust Him in life’s difficulties.
Secondly, only in the end do I realize that God has a plan to share His love and salvation through father to those relatives and friends. And all of you praying through this journey are God’s coworkers!
Third, my life is blessed by so many sojourners I know I am not alone.

Life goes on. Many things happen every day. Some days are more intense than the other. We fight a good battle with the help from above and the strength within. Then we continue the journey. Now it’s time to walk along with my Savior and my Lord ……

May each of you also be rewarded spiritually

With sincere Gratitude,
Lydia Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment