May 18, 2004

Journey of Faith Chapter 3 – Spring Time in California

April 27, 2003
Dear Praying Friends,
Greetings from sunny California! It has been a little while since my last letter to you. I owe gratitude to all of you who pray for my father during his chemotherapy. With great joy I’d like to announce the good news that father just finished his final chemotherapy on April 25, 2003!
He had severe reaction from the first treatment and mild reaction from the third one. By God’s Grace and all of your prayers to support and uplift him, he has been doing quite amazingly well besides those two. I also owe a lot of thanks to my younger sister who bears most responsibility of taking care of father for the past 5 months.

I want to give glory to God that I can sense the gentle spirit and trust in the Lord from my father. His faith grows out of this trying experience. I just pray that God will continue to bless him as he walk in the new insight of human fragility. Our telephone conversations become treasured time now as I realize it’s out of God’s Grace that father lives.

As for me, my faith is renewed. I know God is in control and is by my side whenever I turn my eyes upon Him. I am blessed with so much precious friendship that embraces me with love and encouragement. Miracles still happen! I can face tomorrow because my Savior lives! Just like February rain brought March full blossom of roses in my garden, the trials of our lives draw us to deeper and closer walk with God that will result in clearer reflection of His image.

Attached is a picture of God’s art work with orange California poppy flowers, the brightness in color can not be matched even by Van Gough’s painting! How blessed are those who enjoy in this beautiful Nature that our Heavenly Father creates!

May You Rejoice in the Lord Always!

With gratitude,
Lydia Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment