May 19, 2004

Journey of Faith Chapter 2: Transcending Peace

February 16, 2003
Dear Praying Friends,
It's been wonderful to be able to share with you what's important in my life. This time it is about my trip to Taiwan.
Even though the journey home was long and uncertain. Yet with sweet companion and dear friendship, it became hopeful and truly enjoyable! My journey home was full of memorable moments only because of so many faithful prayers flying with me there!

Father was weak yet felt fully loved when I showed him the 70 some e-mails from most of you who encouraged me and are still praying for him. He gave testimony in the family thanksgiving service I hosted that he could feel the transcending peace shown by the Christians in the movie Titanic. We went back to I-Lan, my hometown by train for the Chinese New Year. Father and I walked in the park for one hour that is still his only outing in the chilling winter so far.

Father's main problem now is the extremely low of white blood count after chemo. Please continue to pray for his treatment process. He just had the 3rd chemo shot on February 10, 2003.

By the grace of God I saw many relatives and ate lots of delicious meals during this Chinese New Year season. I treasured the opportunity to live with my brother's family and my sister's family each for one week. It's been delightful to get to know my nephews and niece better. On the day back to LA, I got to see the Exhibition of Henri Matisse (French artist 1869-1954) in Taipei. I was quite marveled by his creativity even at this old age after his recovery from cancer! Also, the abstract of my testimony book "Singing in the Night" is published by Cosmic Light, Inc I hope I will send you a copy in the near future.

"The Length of our days is seventy years - or eighty, if we have the strength; Yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away. Who knows the power of your anger? For your wrath is as great as the fear that is due you. Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:10-12

Gratefully Yours,
Lydia Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment