May 15, 2004

Journey Chapter 6: Sunshine through the Clouds

September 2, 2003
Dear Praying Friends,
Just like the smokes covered Canadian Rocky Mountains I visited in mid August, the future of my father is foggy and unclear! I found out last week that cancer cells have spread to his liver and other organs.
 Initially his situation was stabilized by oral chemo medication for a week. But then his platelets count in the blood became extremely low. Doctor had to stop his medication for now. As the condition getting more difficult, father is sometimes disappointed and frustrated.

As for me, sadness would creep into my heart when I am alone. I know that recurrence of cancer is possible. But never expected it is so soon. I think of what Life is about? Then I thank God for the good memories I have from my family, the precious love we experienced, and the life we shared. Still the Hope in Glory is what I can hold onto now! Like the sunshine God has shown me coming through clouds over Maligne Lake in Canada, our Father in Haven is always with us in the shadow of deep valley. And you, my praying friends are my emotional and spiritual supports!

Please pray for the faith father will need each day. And Pray for his platelets count to increase to safe level for effective blood clotting.

With Gratitude,
Lydia Lin

Why are you down cast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your Hope in God, for I will yet Praise Him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 43:5

No comments:

Post a Comment