May 7, 2007

Abide in Christ

This week’s class is a good reminder that to connect with God needs efforts and strong intention. The routine and business of daily life can easily side tract my focus on Jesus.


John 15 points to me again that God is the cultivator, fixing my eyes on Him, not trying hard myself. Resting under the vine, being made cleansed, pruned and purified by His Word.

My past experience of abide in God is mostly through reading God’s word and inspired to be good and submissive. There are some areas that I am always struggling, like how to handle anger and love the persons that hurt me. I tend to be trapped in the guilty feelings that draining away my strength and wasting away my life.

My church has a 40-day chain fasting and prayers, following up with a healing conference ended on April 29, 2007. I was very touched by what Christ, who is a perfect Lamb of God, suffering so much and went through the most shameful situations to die for my sin. Somehow, I experienced deeply again the love of Christ and the forgiveness of sin and the powerlessness of myself. I am a much free person and have great break through for the intimacy and union with God.

I have been busy this week to pack up and preparation for fumigation of the house next Wednesday. But with the conscious efforts to connect to God and trust in His word of “Be anxious for nothing”, I have been extremely calm under the circumstances.

God has been nice to me in the process, providing with friends’ help and place for me and my roommates to stay. Twice when I was looking for a book and a ring, I felt God helped me to find them. And God use Hebrew 6:10 to let me know that He remembers what I did before to open my house for His people and now He provides places for me to stay without my asking.

As to future plan of “Abiding in Christ”, I will rely on Holy Spirit to live out Isaiah 30:15 “In repentance and rest is your salvation and In quietness and trust is your strength.” May the love of Jesus nurtures my soul to live in His love all the time and be alert for what have been my traps. After the healing touch for Christ’s love on cross and this week’s experience of peace and trust in Him, I have the renewed faith that love will lifts me up to Him and stay in His love. This is the life I have been seeking and I am in the process of living it out. I am joyful and grateful for what God has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment