June 11, 2007

Spiritual Discipline

For the discipline of study, what I do for the last three weeks is to read a chapter of the book of Romans everyday with bible commentary.
 I read the bible first, meditate on the verses, and read what the commentary says. I take notes and write on the margins of my bible. This is the bible that contains all the notes and reflections so that I can refer to them latter. I also write daily on my spiritual journal about the bible verse that most impresses me. And I write a prayer or reflections about how God leads me during the day. This in-depth study of the book of Romans gives me a deeper understanding of God’s Grace and experience of His Love for me through Jesus Christ.

As to the discipline of worship, I practice with in my daily life to live according to the Holy Spirit. As I try to be more sensitive to the Spirit, I prepare myself for the leading of Sunday service worship. Several times in my practice, I sense the touch of God’s love for me that move me into tears. I know my redeemer lives and He is on the throng. Whenever I am weary and heavy burdened, I can come to Him for His Love and comfort. His peace is with me as I abide in Him and delighted in Him.

As to the discipline of celebration, I try to take a break from routine schedule and go to park for a walk, to look at the blue sky, to listen to the singing of the bird. It’s very refreshing to my soul. Also, listen to worship CD is a celebration of joy to me. I celebrate the moments that I see a squirrel walking on the electric cable in my backyard. Life is full of little surprises that make my heart rejoice!

After these spiritual formation classes and time spent alone with the Lord, I feel that the peace of God is with me more often and easier. I do not worry too much about if I am proper in what I say and do now. I just rest on God for what I have tried and leave the results to God. What I need to improve is to be more joyful. Do not be worry and do not be afraid. As I learn to abide more in Christ, His word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. My daily walk with the Lord is very rewarding and I can trust Him better now. I also try to pray or connect to the Christ within me more often in my daily life.

Thank Jan for all the teaching and life examples for me. May God bless your ministry and hope to see you again.
(Jan Johnson class report)

No comments:

Post a Comment