March 10, 2007

Meditating Mark chapter 3

When I meditated Mark 3, I saw myself sitting in the church seat with not much enthusiasm or expectation, thinking it would just like so many Sundays before.
As Jesus walked into church, His eyes full of mercy and grace. He turned and looked at me. I felt He knew my struggles and the deepest needs of my soul! He said “Stand up and go to the front.” He gave me strength through His voice. I felt His protection and was not afraid to stand out in front of those who represent authority over me. I felt He really cared for me.

I knew He was angry and sad for those people who did not repent and their hearts were hardened. But I saw more of His loving face to me. I felt so close to Him who protected me from harm of the Law/Authority. I felt safe and joyful and my fear had gone. He assured me that He came to save the lost and to heel the sick, not to condemn. The most important thing in life is love. And there is no fear in love. He is like sunshine in my life and I want to live for Him.

When I was washing dishes this evening and was thinking about a sister who spoke bad words behind me and was hurting me. Holy Spirit reminded me that Jesus also loves her as He loves me. So I confessed my self-righteousness and decided to forgive and love her. I believe God’s love in me will give me strength to do so. I like what you said about plan B – What’s my next step? May the Lord guide me and help me as I follow His steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment