February 4, 2007

Connecting With God

I think God would like to change me to focus my thoughts on Him instead of on myself. I have the habit of seeing my own weakness and feel guilty of failing to do what God has requested of me. In this way, I feel angry at the person that causes this situation. And it is hard for me to forget and let go.


After I learn to connect with God, I know that I will have the strength to love and to accept myself and others as who we are now. It is quite a relief to know that God loves me and will help me to fulfill the law of love instead of condemning me.

I also experience God’s help in dealing with the loneliness in a crowd. When I felt left out in a church lunch conversation today, I practice to connect with God. I sense the peace and love, not the void in the heart before. And I shared this experience in my fellowship prayer group. In this way, more people will be sensitive to my situation from now.

So, I will practice to connect with God and depend on God for the strength to live out the eternal kind of life. And I will share with people around me so they will know my struggle and support me in my change.

I experience God’s strength inside me as I stay in His love when in solitude this week. His Spirit and Love lifts me up and I was able to encourage my roommate who was in distress. And I shared in my discussion the real struggle I had with my physical weakness and emotional frustration. In this way, I face my problems and trust God for the strength to grow. God is faithful and He leads me to this class for me to walk closer to Him!
(Jan Johnson class report)

No comments:

Post a Comment