December 2, 2002

2002 Christmas Letter

Dear Friend,
In this Thanksgiving and Christmas season, it’s a wonderful time to meditate on God’s Faithfulness and Loving-kindness. I would like to send my Greetings and share some highlights of my joy and sorrow with you.


This year God has blessed me with three good teachers – Rev. Wendell Friest for the Theology of Grace and counseling courses; Ms. Maria Ma and Brother Paul Lu for goals and skills about writing. Praise God for the opportunity to learn and to grow.

Being a worship leader, I try to be sensitive to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and live a life of a true worshiper. May we encourage each other to have closer walk with the Lord in our daily life. Prayer is very essential for my spiritual fulfillment. Praise God for my dear prayer partners and three weekly prayer groups.

One benefit of discipleship training with Karen Chen before her baptism is to learn from her how to grow tomato, cucumber and green pepper. As I watch the plants grow it reminds me that our Heavenly Father must be joyful to see our spiritual growth and fruit of life we bear. I was blessed with full blossom of roses in my backyard all summer season this year!

My trip with Family Keepers gave me an in-depth knowledge and experience of the majesty of God’s creation with the help of volunteer tour guide, Dr. Daniel Su. The camping trip in San Diego was refreshing. The beautiful sea horses and jellyfish in UCSD aquarium made a deep impression on me.

Then came the challenging news of father’s diagnosis of lymphoma cancer! He is only 73 years old. So far he is hanging there with God’s Grace and a lot of prayer supports. On December 19, the doctor in Her Sing Cancer Center in Taipei will give a more detailed report and suggestion for future treatment. Please pray earnest with me for father. Thank you so much.

May the Lord Protect you and Guide you!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Love,
Lydia Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment